Stony Point, SD Marina Development
The development of the Stony Point Marina will happen in stages. Each phase requires sales to be reinvested into the next phase. There has already been over $2 million invested into the project. It is projected that it will take another $1 million for the completion of the marina alone. The dream for Stony Point is much bigger than just a marina however. Below you can read on current updates to the project as well as ideas for the future.
- Marina A Grading Permit approved in 2018
- Marina B and C Grading Permit approved in 2019
- Under the supervision of their instructors, students from Lake Area Technical Institute, (LATI) have been assisting in the excavation and grading of the project.
- LATI also designed and created the StonyPointSD.com website as well the other Stony Point social media pages
- Waiting on the Lake Kampeska water levels to drop to begin construction of the walls of the marinas.
- Currently excavating excess fill above water level. The walls must be built for complete excavation of the three marinas to occur.
Entertainment/Commercial Opportunities (Depending upon zoning upgrades)
- Hotel - south lot Marina B
- Restaurant/Bar- round house
- Convenience Store - bait, gas, groceries, and other necessities
- Wedding and Event Venue- top floor
- Shops- main floor
- Day Spa
- Zip-line, picnic shelter, pickleball courts, and sand volleyball
- Marina Walk - walkable city within a city with lake access by day and a Marina Walk for evening entertainment
- Boat docks and handicap boat loading
- Pool and beach
- Water sport rentals - kayaks, paddle boats, pontoons, fishing boats, etc.
Residency and Rental Spaces
- Condo sales and rentals - weekly, monthly and yearly options
- S(He) Sheds - The plan is for s(he) sheds to be sold in 16’X40’ sections of a long building with walkout along the Marina walkway and garage access on top. The interior design will be up to the owner. Note: This building concept was added after the video was produced. The video depicts an additional retaining wall above the marina which will now be a building instead.
- Row houses to be built on demand on the west side of Marina C. Note: The concept for row houses was also added after the video was produced.